21 January 2010
Filed under News
I’m reviving the Weekly updates that were short-lived so many weeks ago now! I’m sure nothing interesting has happened in the last 62 weeks however – ha!!
Anyway, here’s the brief of what happened the week of January 11 – 17:
- Personally, I’m feeling better – Yay!! I’ve been sick since New Year’s Eve.
- I attended the Open Government Directive (OGD) Workshop on Monday. This was a free event put together by Lucas Cioffi to give federal agency employees help and support in implementing the OGD on its tight timelines. It was well done and seemed productive for the majority of attendees.
- Tuesday I met with Kaliya Hamlin (unconference.net), who was in town from San Francisco to facilitate the OGD Workshop (she also facilitated CongressCamp back in September). We discussed may things, including how to run unconferences and the need for one specifically focused on bringing together the dialogue & deliberation community, the techies working in the citizen engagement space, and government employees.
- I sent a rough draft of a budget to Board members Nisma (Secretary) and Patrick (Treasurer) to review.
- Board President Dave, Meagen (fundraising committee chair), and I had 2 fundraising meetings this week. 2010 is the year of monetary sustainability for Open4m. We have some exciting things coming together, but I’ll save the details for the official announcements!
- Friday night I got the opportunity to facilitate an unconference on Saturday – Social Justice Camp was a rousing success (socialjusticecamp.org) and allowed me to practice my Open Space Technology skills (the process behind most unconferences). This was an important opportunity for me as I anticipate we will be running many more unconferences in the future.
Onwards and Upwards,